Track Temperature Monitoring
safety through real-time track temperature monitoring
TempSense® is a system to measure rail temperature remotely. It provides warning alerts as well as scheduled measurements for Critical Rail Temperature monitoring – all remotely without the need for track side intervention.
TempSense is designed to be installed on a rail network track to monitor temperature of the rail from –20 to +85 degrees C.
Track temperatures are typically 20 degrees higher than the ambient temperature. For example the UK rail network has been designed to operate at a ‘stress free’ temperature of 27 degrees.
- Cost effective and safe remote measurement and collection of rail temperature information.
Intelligently plan train speeds, help prevent buckling, and keep the railway running as reliably as possible with improved passenger safety.
By combining temperature, weather and solar radiation data, TempSense can build a picture and provide analytics to assist in the design and maintenance of the rail network.
The devices are built for zero-maintenance and ultra-low power consumption, backed with solar charging.
- Measures rail temperature to an accuracy of 0.75 ºC
- Measuring temperature range -20 to +80 ºC
- Operating Temperature -20 to +60 ºC
- Battery powered
- Cellular connectivity via 2G/NB-IoT/LTE-M.
- Up to 3 years continuous operation
- Weight 0.6kg
- Sealed to IP67